What is EcoLeague?
EcoLeague: Linking Education to Action, is a program of Learning for a Sustainable Future (LSF) that challenges and motivates elementary and secondary students and teachers to engage in community and school-based sustainability action projects. LSF has established an EcoLeague Fund to support action projects.
Who can apply?
- Teachers and students (K-12) in Canadian schools that want to undertake an Action Project which addresses a sustainability issue in their school and community.
- Please visit www.r4r.ca for classroom resources that you can use to support your action project.
How much funding is available?
Up to $400 in funding is available per school for an Action Project (75% up front and the final 25% when you submit a final report and send in your pictures and videos)
Note: Funding is limited.
When are applications due?
- Applications for EcoLeague Action Project Funding is now open until November 28th, 2014. Apply today!
- Demonstrates that the project promotes student understanding of sustainability issues;
- Integrates the environmental, economic and social dimensions of the issue being explored;
- Provides meaningful and appropriate student engagement, ownership and action;
- Involves the wider school and local community;
- Meets the monitoring and reporting requirements.
A Final Report including pictures and video must be submitted to LSF once the action project has been completed.
Contributions will not be made towards the following:
- Projects completed before the application is reviewed;
- Projects that directly benefit individuals or businesses;
- Food, gifts, teacher release time and salaries;
- Projects that spend more than 20% of the budget on capital equipment (e.g. furniture, infrastructure, low-flow faucets).
How do I apply?
If you meet the funding criteria, you can fill out and submit the funding application.
For additional information, please contact Angela at Learning for a Sustainable Future at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-250-8202.